Thread: gps-10
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 19, 2002, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
A does not have a landing spot until he lands. Since he didn't land on B, B wasn't in A's landing spot.
Come on, Coach. You don't really expect us to go with you on that one, do you? A does not have to land on B in order to be denied his "landing spot". If a defender jumps into your point guard's airborne path as he's shooting a lay-up and they collide, your point guard going one way and the defender going another, would you not expect a foul to be called? I expect you might.

Chuck
Chuck
Big IF in that sentence. I would agree, if the case you cited occurred. Clearly contact, clearly a foul, regardless of whether or not you call an airborne A colliding with B on the way down "A landing on B." I was merely responding to RECREF's way of saying it - and landing on, colliding with, making contact (beyond incidental) with B all have the same result when B moves into A's path after A leaves feet - Block on B.

However, A did not collide with B in crew's case, just the ball in A's hands. No foul in my book, regardless of whether or not A might have landed where B was if the ball hadn't contacted B. That is all I was saying.