Thread: Jericho Scott
View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 26, 2008, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Apparently, you are not familiar with the ASA Elite Player list.
No, I'm not. So, riddle me this: a player who has no history of play at any level other than B is rostered on an ASA 10U B team according to the ASA Code as a 10U B team. Neither the team nor the player has ever won a national tournament at any classification. This team then has an undefeated season because the player is a lights-out pitcher. Can ASA then require the team to remove this player from the roster or to not play her at the F1 position because she is "too good" for a B team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Putting aside all the BS with the alleged adults (and you thought SP players were bad), if this is a private group operating a league involving voluntary participation on private property, there is...excuse me, "shouldn't be" any assumed legal rights by any individual. Of course, that doesn't stop anyone, parent, lawyer or judge from declaring themselves as the god of the community and start telling people how to run their life.
The league is probably a 501(c)(3) non profit, which means, among other things, they must abide by their own by-laws. If their action against this player violates their by-laws, you bet legal action can be taken against them.