View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 25, 2008, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesears
My Email:

I have a suggestion because of the college rule change regarding the play clock this year. Is it possible to change the device so that pressing the rocker switch in one direction sets the 25 second countdown and pressing the rocker switch in the other direction set the 40 second countdown. I am guessing that in the absence of any new mechanics direction, that both setting should give a warning vibration at 10 seconds.

It would be nice if the device had some DIP switch settings that would allow users to specify when to vibrate but I realize this could add complexity or cost.

I really don't care about timing the timeouts with the system because I can carry a wrist watch and being distracted with timing isn't as big of a deal during timeouts. But if people want to continue to use the device for time outs, would it be possible to add a third button that sets the timeout timer?

Reply from Ready Ref
Mike,

We have the new NCAA Ready Ref Model #1127 that does what you describe with pre-warnings at 5 seconds for $69.00.

Best Regards,
Joe Grimm
800-223-5395

Mike, it also needs a 19 sec notification so you'd know if you need to reset it to 25 seconds in the event you don't have the ball ready.