View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 25, 2008, 10:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMP25
Sorry, but you can't get yourself out of this embarrassing mess now. You never saw the play. You came here not even having seen replays of it, spewing comments about making an attempt to advance, then flipped to the "immediately" returning side of the rule, then flopped back to the attempt, added the "J" word (judgment), then admitted you never saw it.

Nice try. The case remains closed. In fact, it's dismissed due to lack of standing on the arguee's part.
You need to learn to read better. I never "spewed comments" about Upton specifically making an attempt, I merely commented on "a runner" making an attempt, as in defending the rule, not the play. Look carefully. The only thing I said about the play itself was in my original post, which I had gleaned from an article in an ejection website that said that the call was correct. In my other posts, I said I trusted Meals' and Darlings' judgment. Not one time did I ever say, "hey, I saw the play and......." I never claimed to have seen the actual play itself. When I did, I posted that fact, and now you have used that against me. I didn't think, and still don't think, that my not having seen the play really matters, because I did not argue the specific play, only the ruling.

The case only remains closed in your mind. I think some other folks might think differently.

You can call it an embarrassing mess if you want to. I'm not embarrassed, nor do I have anything to feel embarrassed about.

Last edited by SanDiegoSteve; Mon Aug 25, 2008 at 11:08am.