View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 23, 2008, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Hope my Hand Is Big Enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careyy
If you use the mechanic of the wing official that sees the referees butt going to the uprights. The following works:

If the kicker is right you go left. For the wrong wing that is 107 yds, even most wings will figure out they are headed some place they don't want to be.

In summary:

If the kicker is Right(footed) the wing with the post on his left goes to the posts

If the kicker is left (footed) the wing with the post on his right goes to the post.

Pregame: check with coaches about right/left footed kickers, most are right footed so you will normally to to the post on your left (as you face the field).

This saves a bit of time, and the wings don't have to wait and observe the R's excellent, in condition, rear.
This is my first year with 5-man mechanics and been thinking about how to handle this one. Chances are we will not get to practice in a scrimmage. I am thinking about keeping track of QB, P and Ks feet and arm on my right hand (I'm left handed) in ink and hope I don't sweat too much and pray for dry weather!