View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 11, 2008, 02:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Whether you like it or not or I like it or not, supervisors, assignors and associations can be the gate keepers of our officiating opportunities. I did not just go with the flow just to do so. I was told what to do and if I wanted to continue working the things I like working, I had to do it or not work. And yes things like flags, mechanics and emphasis on certain rules and application of certain rules are all things you can be told how work or you do not work. This is one of those things that might not make or break you, but if you are evaluated with another person who is doing everything right and you are deciding to use a personal preference, then they might not pick you. I also do not expect you to change and it really matters little to me if you agree. We are just talking here and life will go on no matter what you do. But I do feel that putting a flag in your back pocket does not look as professional and also can be a problem when going through the process of calling and not calling a foul.

Peace