View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 09, 2008, 01:31am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref
So it's okay to move the pivot foot a couple of inches. How many?
Well when someone pivots on their legal pivot foot, I do not think I have ever seen it stay in the same place. Maybe it is pure physics, but I do not see many travels call on a pivot of a pivot foot, even if that foot technically moves out of the original spot.

Quote:
I have heard call the obvious, but I've also heard that if you call only the obvious you let a lot go, which I know many players and coaches like.
Interesting, I never said "only" in that statement. But if everyone is puzzled by the violations and fouls you are calling, no one is really going to care if you are technically right, but in the spirit of the game wrong. I am sure you will not understand that statement either.

Quote:
I find that a travel in a case like this is perhaps easier to see from this distance than close up. It allows you to see the whole picture, that the player had control of the ball, and that he moved both feet, one then the other, a couple of feet, not a couple of inches.
He did move both feet, but moving both feet does not make it a travel. When you move your feet makes it a travel. There was a dribble in there somewhere. Forgive me if I cannot tell when the dribble actually ended.

Peace