View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 04, 2008, 07:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I am talking about how easy it is to miss something like an earring. Unless you have a clear look at something, you might miss it and you can be looking for something. And even things like casts, wristbands and even headbands are not always seen until the game starts. Why, because if they are wearing warm-ups, you might not see things on their arms and not every player wear their headband during warm-ups.
From Billymac: "You're right. If we look for these infractions, we're doing our job, even if we miss something. If we don't look for these infractions, we're not doing our job."

JRutledge: What part of "You're right" didn't you understand.

I'm sure that we've all observed officials who are wasting their 15 minutes before a game doing things that they're not supposed to be doing, and not doing things they're supposed to be doing. We may miss some infractions due to hair, warmups, etc. but we at least have to make an attempt to look.

I often have a problem noticing metal hair clips during warmups, but when I see them in the game, they can't play with them in their hair.