Thread: ASA Nationals
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 04, 2008, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Vegas

I was in Vegas. 10 and 12's B. I had a nice solid week as an umpire and only lost about $75 playing poker all week .I made it a personal POE to work on nipping it in the bud when dealing with coaches. And I did.

Had one in the dugout start *****ing on the 3rd pitch of the game. I did the line up card stroll and handled it nicely and professionally. Not another peep.

Had one pitcher start off the first inng by throwing low. Fans really on me about not calling it . She walked in a couple of runs. I wouldn't give the below the knee strike.
After that inning, everything came up,and that team may have walked one more batter. Me thinks they were just playing me in the first and hoping for that strike....

Got to work with several very good umpires. My games were really mundane. All week I had one on field conversation with a coach,he said I missed the call, a banger at first, and wanted to get a second opinion.

I did get to do the Championship game. So i considered that my second biggest game I've done. A sort of ASA coming out party if you will.

I made my drive home in 7.5 hours with only one bathroom break so I should get some kinda trucker award for that.