Thread: A-11 Offense ??
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 29, 2008, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

More rules = More refs = More control...

I can believe that most refs on this site are conscious and try not to over officiate and ruin the game, and that is probably why they are on this site. The problem, however, are the majority of football refs do not visit this site and do not care to be educated and love to throw "Hankies".

Ruins the game.

----

WaltJP

On the rugby note, I do realize that I miss 90% of the rugby game I officiate (although this seems a little over exaggerated) after you clarified that fouls that occur behind my back are missed.

You are also right that I am aware of behind my back justice. This is all part of the sport and it is a judgment call for the ref. I might notice a black eye or broken nose on one player complaining to me that he was roughed off the ball by another player and when his opposing number turns up with a black eye or broken nose, I am not usually left wondering where it came from. However, I will call it if I see it. This is part of the game.

And I was not being arrogant by saying that the rugby ref’s word is last. It is just known and respected within the sport.

Jimmy