View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 16, 2008, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dholloway1962
Dead Ball is a ball that is not in play. After the ball passes the top of the fence and contacts ground/building/wall or other object the ball becomes dead. The area outside the fences is Dead Ball Area. Once that ball gets there you have a dead ball.

Ok Snorman, I pose this question again. If the HR is not a dead ball, why is the runner or batter-runner not called out if they remove their helmet.

It is not an out. Nothing in the Rule Book supports an out call. If it happened today I would call nothing. If there is a protest I will win because I can show why it isn't an out. No other person can show why it is an out. If they can show me where in the book it constitutes an out I will jump on board. Just isn't there.
I know. I am just saying it is interesting that all the other sections covering out of play balls, start with "Ball is dead" and the home run rule does not.

If this exact situation happens today, I call her out. Winning team has no grounds to protest a play that wins the game for them.

I any other situation, breaks my heart to say this, but I would have to call her not out.

Last edited by snorman75; Wed Jul 16, 2008 at 08:48am.