View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 30, 2008, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

There is a certain association's website that has been talked about recently for posting the NFHS rules on their website. (I believe this is the same association, please correct me if I'm wrong.) They have a list of all their officials along with their Home address, Home phone, Work phone, Cell phone, and their email address. Me thinks that this is not a good idea! I don't like to have my information posted anywhere on the internet ESPECIALLY in relation to officiating.

And in case an angry fan, parent or coach didn't know the officials name to look up their information, that's okay they have a page that shows everyone's name and picture.

I'm going to email the webmaster and suggest to them that they might want to password protect these pages. I think it's great for them to have this available to their members (especially the pictures) but it shouldn't be available to the general public. Maybe there site has a fan blocker (similar to a popup blocker). It knew that I am a basketball official which is why it allowed me to look at the information.

Does anyone else's association website have this information available to the general public?

Last edited by All_Heart; Mon Jun 30, 2008 at 02:35pm.