View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 27, 2008, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Run him, or no.......

It seemed like an easy enough call for me last night. Banger at first on a ground ball to F5. The ball short hops F3 and momentarily pops out of his glove before secure possession. Before he gains secure possession the BR touched the bag. It was a close call, and F3 made a great stretch to scoop up the throw. I call the runner safe and as I move to B position the manager yells from the dugout, "There's no way he pulled his foot. Did you call him safe for a pulled foot?"

I turned to him and gave him the signal that I should have given him immediately following the play that F3 bobbled the ball. Now he yells at F3 asking him if he bobbled the ball. F3, being as objective as expected, of course tells him, no he didn't. Now the manager starts yelling at me from the dugout what a terrible call it was, his player didn't bobble the ball, I was out of position, blah..blah...blah. I decided to ignore him, so he charges out of the dugout and again starts yelling, asking me if I'm going to answer him or not. I gave him a polite "that's enough, please go back to your dugout." He says it's a ridiculous call and heads back to the dugout. It was probably one I should have had an ejection for.

Tim.