View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 24, 2008, 07:33pm
Official Forum Member

Much ado...

Yeeeshhh....This has taken up multiple pages? There might be a recommended method, but like many issues in officiating, whatever works for you. If one prefers to take a quick glance at R2, so? Hopefully theyve arrived at that choice through trial and error, and find that works best for them. Or not. Doesnt make someone better than someone else, just as the ridiculous argument of using an indicator or not, makes someone better.

Slight tip that I use with R2. And it helps, me anyways. With R2, I will turn to take a look. But, instead of trying to get R2 in my sight, I turn my head slightly to the right, and pick up the area R2 would be running into, if he were going. If R2 "comes into frame", I start towards my spot for the steal of 3rd. I get that extra step, and am always set, waiting for the play. Huge difference.

If he doesnt, I stay put. If he is going "late", I move when I recognize the steal. Usually on this, R2 is toast. Ive done it enough where I got the timing down. Hey, theres that "timing" thingy...

Just my observation..works for me....your mileage may vary.