View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 24, 2008, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
CaRef5,

I'm young like yourself. I'm 22 and officiate all levels except NAIA and D3. the guys make a good point about ppl making up whatever they want to and so some ppl might lie to u about what they ref. but just take it for what it is, the internet, and for the most part you can take ppl on here at their word if they ever decide to take your thread seriously and post their exp. which I doubt will happen. Good luck to you in your officiating endeavors.

Exactly. Take the term "Varsity", for example. There are people who say they work "Varsity" when, in reality, the have never worked an official HS "Varsity" game. The term is used very loosely....to refer to games with Varsity-aged players, rec games with players who have played on a "Varsity" teams, or even games that some rec. leagues call "Varsity" with no connection whatsoever with what most people consider to be "Varsity".

How do you know what a person has really worked? Hard to tell. However, when someone claims to have worked high level games and tends to throw around that info, chances are that they're being liberal with the description...worked a rec. league or summer game with a couple high-level players. Most people who really work legitimate college games don't go around advertising it all the time.