View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 23, 2008, 03:25pm
Courageous When Prudent

Working with rookie officials & break-away lay-ups

Dan, so that we can stay on topic and not annoy anyone (nor be called members of a peanut gallery) I'm starting a new thread, but with 2 topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Whether I call the travel as C following the play to the basket does not depend on the skill level of my partner who missed the call.
Warning! Warning! Exaggerated example to follow--
Are you saying you would call a game exactly the same if you were working with Jim Burr and Ted Valentine as you would you would if you were working a game with a inexperienced U2 involved in his 1st big HS rivalry game? I think my field of vision and coverage expand just a little bit in the 2nd situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
I would definitely not call a travel from HC as C in this sitch or (probably) any other sitch...

btw... I'm not even sure I agree with you that the C should not go below HC in this sitch. But that's yet another discussion.
Yeah, but we're not discussing following a play (offense v. defense) to the basket, at least I'm not. I'm talking about a 1-on-0 break-away like in the situation I posed earlier in which I did call a travel as the Lead.

I'm not coming across half-court unless a pack of players make their way there or until team B inbounds the subsequent made basket and there is pressure.

Last edited by Raymond; Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 03:44pm.