View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 17, 2008, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceholleran
Quote:
Originally Posted by celebur
I don't think anyone would disagree with that (at least, I hope no one would).

The problem is in presenting extraneous information such as the watch issue, and then throwing a hissy fit when some people (correctly) call it. For shame!
"correctly" my a$$.

I didn't throw a hissy fit, I just zinged him back. Privately.

This guy wasn't my pard or my boss. He has no place whatsoever to come up to me and initiate any conversation about my game. Period. So, when I come back at him, I am wrong?
Ace, I think you're misunderstanding me.

Frankly, I thought your zinger to that particular umpire was witty, and though it wouldn't be my style, I am NOT criticizing it. I couldn't help but smirk when I read it.

What I was getting at was your huffy reply when others pointed out that Smitty was right about the watch. That certainly sounded like a hissy fit to me. You claimed to know that some would pick that nit, so why did you bother citing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceholleran
I repeat: Bullchips.

BTW, I had seen this guy do plenty of games, and make more than a few egregious mistakes, and had never said a word to him about his work.

Once, when I was doing a JV hoops game, one of the varsity refs for the ensuing game came into our locker room at halftime and yelled at me for a double-dribble call he didn't like.

I kicked him out the room. And wasn't nearly as nice to him as I was to the watch guy. The varsity guy complained to the board about me. And the board backed me up.

Some of you may think that as long as a spectating official is "right," that you can jump into someone else's game.

I'll never do such a thing.

Ace
And I repeat that you're misreading my post.