Thread: 2-man mechanics
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 17, 2008, 08:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino
Josh, do you have 'pre-game' time with your partner? This is where you agree on what you will do in these situations. Generally, with R2 only, base ump has catch,tag up and advance into 3rd.

With R1 and R2, then things get a little dicey. I'm curious, how would you think this sitch should be handled? Assume a fly ball in the "V" and then assume a fly ball down the RF line (this is a quiz). LOL
Of course I had pre-game time. It just so happens this happened twice in the same game. I figured it was a misunderstanding the first time it happened so we had a little pow-wow between half innings (which I never do). We decided he would come up the line to help out if it's on the right side of second, but within the "V". Of course, the next time the exact situation happened, there was nobody there again. I was just curious what the mechanic actually is.

With a fly ball down the right field line, PU would take the catch and BU takes the tag-up at second and plays at 2nd and 3rd. That I always discuss in the pre-game. I guess I'm just going to have to add the other

Thanks gentleman!

-Josh