View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 17, 2008, 06:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
"The Pitcher's glove may be of one solid color or multicolored as long as the color(s) are not the color of the ball being used in the game."

Well, according to the June clarifications, it is. I am assuming that the "yellow" on the glove is the same color as the ball, not just any shade of yellow.

Please note, I'm not saying I agree with it, just the way it seems ASA supervisor wants it.
What I'm saying is that the Mizuno glove is a black glove with yellow logo and markings. That is different from saying it is a black and yellow glove, like the Jenny Finch glove is black and pink. No part of the body of the glove is yellow; it is black with a very minor yellow marking.

Take, as a point of comparison, the ASA powder blue uniform shirt. Would you not agree that it is powder blue? Or would you say it is multicolored, because it has about 1% navy blue in the ASA logo and trim, and 0.5% white trim? KR is saying that glove is multicolored, despite the multiple efforts to match interpretations with NCAA and NFHS, both of which more clearly state that the color of a glove does NOT include logo's, laces, or other minor markings.

So, again, I say that is the interpretation, but not necessarily what the rule actually says. Not the first or only time; I have always questioned how running/crashing into a player not making a play can also be interference, when every other interpretation of interference makes it clear there must be a play to be interfered with. USC, sure; interference, only because they say so.