View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 15, 2008, 06:47am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
The BoSox haven't won a game in Cincinnati since 1975.
That's a little unfair, since the Sox haven't even been to Cincy since that World Series. But it's not true anymore, anyway. Papelbon blew the save, but the Sox won in 10. Youk had a pretty big game back in his hometown.

The Rays are keeping pace pretty well. I honestly can't believe they're still in second, but I think it's great. Their third baseman, Longoria, is pretty remarkable in the field. He hit the Sox pretty well, too, if I remember correctly.

Yankees are 3 games over .500 for the first time all season. They're going to be up there before too long. No matter how much I hope they're gonna stink it up, they always pull it together at some point.

Giants had a straight steal of home on Friday, but lost. Phillies scored 20 in St. Louis on Friday, but the Cards won yesterday.

Totally unrelated, anybody watch Tiger's back nine last night? Absolutely amazing. 5 shots back with 6 to play, and he shoots 1 birdie, 1 bogie, and 2 eagles (including one on 18) to take the lead going into the final round. And his knee is killing him. Unbelievable. I told my daughter about it this morning and she said, "So he's going to wear his red shirt today, right?"