View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 11, 2008, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
Then what is it? Are you saying that college officials intentionally ignore traveling violations? Because that's what it sounds like to me. And I seriously doubt that is the case. (And it's also a gross exaggeration -- maybe an intentional one -- to say that there are 20 missed traveling violations in any college game.)
I really don't giveash!t what it sounds like to you, interpret it any way you like. Nor do I care if you disagree with my 20 missed traveling violations a game. College officials are getting just as bad as NBA officals in ignoring traveling. That's my opinion, right or wrong. But it's not wrong just because you disagree with it.

Quote:
I already did tell you why. It's a very difficult call at high speeds. It can be very difficult to determine exactly when the dribble ended and then also determine which foot, if any, was on the floor at that point.
It's not difficult to tell when:

A shooter catches a pass and takes two steps while stepping up to the 3 point line.

A player changes his pivot while holding the ball.

A Big with his back to the basket steps with his right foot and then with his left foot on his roll to the basket.

I see these calls ignored in every game I watch. They're easy calls but they aren't being made. If it wasn't a problem, it wouldn't be a POE. You can deny it all you want but I've got the proof on DVR.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by mick; Thu Jun 12, 2008 at 07:29am.