View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 09, 2008, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatrino
Exactly, where the knees are perpendicular to the ground and the umpires head is tucked in next to the catchers, looking like he's whispering in the catcher's ear.
Its called heel-toe... (by the CCA Softball Manual)...they are recommended to be that way and when its all youve ever done its actaully comefortable. When Softball umpires work the GD they are required to be not less than 1ft away according to the CCA manual for softball so etheir way they are WAY closer than baseball. Even the Scissors.... different from baseball all together yet... the same.... When I work Softball I now work the GD(by the way since I dont want anyone flipping out about how the GD is a system I use It "modified") and I am in the slot and not more than 1 ft away from the back of the catcher... I have even added a little heel-toe to it. I can see the outside a TON better and my head stays locked which locks in the top and bottom. However When I work Baseball I work just like Ed Hickox because he is the man... Bottom LINE

For all those who don't know ... Ed Hickox is the MAN

NFHS NCAA PONY ASA ISC USSSA