View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 08, 2008, 11:28am
Esteemed Forum Member

Wired ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
Nothing wrong with asking the table if neither of you saw the ball pass through the basket from above.
Similar problem. Girls varsity. As the trail, I was watching something on the floor, not what I was supposed to be watching at the basket level, and may have missed something. Three point shot attempt hits the ring, and bounces high into the air off the ring. Two players had been doing a little extra pushing during the game, so, as the trail, I decided to take a peak at them, to see if a foul should be called, and whom to call it on. Next thing to happen, is that the ball goes in. I signal a three. Coach complains that the ball hit an overhead wire, before going in. My partner can't help me, because he was keeping his eyes focused on the rebounders on the floor, which is what he's supposed to be doing. I could tell by the coach's tone, and the reaction of the players, and the fans, that the ball probably touched the wire. Could I have gone to the table for help? Any applicable rule, or case book, citations, please?