View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 08, 2008, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruno
Gentlemen

AAU Tourney yesterday 16U. Good game. Player A-1 drives to the hoop.
Gets fouled in the act and my partner (lead) calls the foul. Ball goes in... although neither of us sees it go in. I know .. its my call as trail. I'm preoccupied with Player B-1 who slaps the backboard pretty hard after the shot.
I lost sight of the ball cause I was trying to quickly decide if I should "T" him up for the hard slap. I didn't call it a tech for slapping, but now I don't know if the ball went in or not.
Everyone in the gym must have seen the ball go in . I check with my partner and tell him "I didn't see it go in, but that I had lost sight. I thought if I didn't know it went in then we can't call it so.
Two questions on the rulings. We eventually checked with the table (They said it went in) and ruled a made basket with one free throw.
If I had blown the technical for slapping the backboard ..... do we still count the hoop with the foul?? How do you rule this mess?

1. If the slapping of the backboard was an attempt to block the shot. I would have ignored the slapping. No T.

2. Nothing wrong with asking the table if neither of you saw the ball pass through the basket from above.