View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 20, 2002, 02:41pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Stan
Quote:
Originally posted by mick
devdog,
That happened to me last year, but I waited until after the game to correct my partner, in order that no one else saw.
mick
I understand not questioning a partners call during a game, block /charge, shooting / on the floor , etc. However, calling traveling on the thrower during an inbounds play is clearly wrong and not a judgement call. Mick, if the coach or crowd complained, would you have talked with your partner?

Be nice, I'm new to the ref business. Oh, one more thing,PLEASE, can we not let this thread transcend to talking about baseball [/B]
Stan,
If the crowd yells the yell that we all know, and I am sure my partner needs to be bailed out, I'll jog down to a partner. Where I will say something like:
  • "Do you need some help?"
  • "Ya know the rule is...."
  • "I didn't see it, but now that I'm here, it'll look like we are working it out..., so change your mind if you want."

How do you know if your partner wants help? He'll look at you with the slightly prolonged look of, "Okay, did I kick it?" I know that look, because I practice it in the mirror...secret mechanic.

mick

Baseball? I'm in Michigan. Closer to the Twins and Brewers, than the Tigers. They are all "exceptional" this year.