View Single Post
Old Mon May 26, 2008, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TRef21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
1) Way, way too much talking and not enough doing on your part. Why should the players listen to you? You warned them- multi times- and then you failed to follow up on those warnings. The idea is that you give ONE warning only and then follow up on it. All you have to do is say "that's enough" and then just whack 'em if they don't listen.

2) Your assignor was completely wrong, if he took you off those games because of the reasons that you laid out. If he did so because you let the players get away with too much crap(which you did), I maybe could believe it.
1. I agree. This was a very long story that I wrote out for you guys.

2. After talking with the assigner, he said it was not because we let too much crap go. It was indeed the reasons which I laid out. I agree with the one warning. You know dealing with freshman basketball players, I wanted to try to at least talk the kid out of doing something dumb. I haven't worked that level for about 2 yrs. You know dealing with big guys at the varsity and college level, you talk to them once, they usually get the idea. Then if they get stuck with one, the coach usually pulls them out or screams at them. I guess was too nice with this one. Do you have anymore feedback in which I can use, to better myself when a situation arises like this again?