View Single Post
Old Wed May 21, 2008, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
Under FED, you stick with the foul ball call.

I did almost the same exact thing this year.

In a playoff game last night, we had a situation where a batter hit the ball off the end of the bat. The ball bounced out into the field funny. The ball was fielded and the batter/runner thrown out at first. As we follow our eyes to U1, he has his arms up for foul ball!!! Then he slaps his foot. Upon the meeting of the minds, the plate guy and me (U3) KNOW that it didn't hit the batters foot. From my angle, which was 90 degrees from his foot and ball, and seen at least 2 feet of daylight between ball and foot. I know for certain it never hit his foot. Oh well.

The only "right" call was to let the "foul ball" stand. The UIC took charge and told the defensive team head coach that no matter whether there was a judgment mistake or not, by rule, once it is called foul, it is foul. No argument. The batter hit a double after that taking that 0-1 count to full count!
I don't think this game was played using Fed Rules. I beleive it was OBR. UIC has nothing to do with changing this call. Any change has to originate from the calling official which in this case is the BU. UIC certainly can provide input but the change has to come from the calling official.