View Single Post
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

In the scenario you describe, you'll walk the foul from the spot of the accpeted hold. The succeeding spot of the ball should be on the right hash after the enforcement. You should have 1st & 17 @ A's 28 (if my math is right). If it were a foul enforced from the previous spot (i.e shift/motion) you would walk from the previous spot of the ball (between the hashmarks).

Since your moving into the hole from the wing/deep here some advice:
  • Know your keys (4/5-Man: G, C, G + a T 6/7-Man: G, C, G) and stay with them.
  • Know your enforcements
  • Don't follow the ball. As an Umipre you should be focusing on the blocking, not the ball. Your guards will tell you what is going on, just follow them and look to call quality point of attack fouls.
  • NEVER call OPI or DPI
  • Don't be married to the hash, at a minimum work # to #, don't be afraid to go out to the sideline if needed.
  • Use soft spots from your wings to spot the ball when you can. ALWAYS use your LJ when you have a 1st Down.
  • Know your enforcements
  • Spin on all passes and be ready to rule on anything over the middle between you and the BJ (you might have the best look). If you are certain that you have a catch, bust your butt to the spot (discuss coverage in your pregame). Conversely, if you are certain of no catch, come in strong and wipe it out. If your not sure just head out towards the spot and discuss if necessary.
  • Don't be shy, talk to the players and your crew to keep them both in the game and the game under control
  • Did I mention, know your enforcements?