View Single Post
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Crafty cheating coach

I pulled this from "hit2win.com"

The situation is that the offensive team has two or three runners on the bases. Like in most cases the three runners have varying running speeds. The defensive team has called a time out so that the coach can go out to talk to his pitcher. The 3rd base coach calls his runners over for a conference. The coach that will cheat will decide where he needs the speed the most and will move fast runners in front of slow runners to give his team an advantage. To prevent this from happening to you make sure to have your score bookkeeper check the locations of all runners after runners have had conferences with their base coach.

If discovered:

• Is this an appeal play only?
• What is the call?

Side note/question. (not a question on the rule but about how to deal with the coach that tries it) I run a medium size youth league. (about 1400 players, ages 6 through 18, baseball and softball.) If I caught a coach pulling this little trick I think I would kick him/her out of the league

I don't post much on this forum (because I'm new and learn more just by reading) but, I am just as interested in your opinions on how to deal with a coach like this as I am in the rule on making the call.

Thanks