Thread: US Olympic Team
View Single Post
Old Mon May 12, 2008, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M
The night before they went to Bowie, they were here. I had the pleasure of doing that game - against some local former college players. What a show they put on. They stayed long after the scheduled autograph session - not a one showed anything but enthusiasm for and towards their fans.
An hour or so after leaving the park, the plate ump and his significant other along with my wife & me were eating at a local restaurant. Six of the players came in with one of their sons. They are just as classy off the field. They were thrilled when I picked up their bills.
I'll second what Mike said - if you get the chance to see them - do what you can to see them.
They were at the ISF stadium in Plant City FL on May 3. Some of the teams who played in the HS Finals the following week came to town early to see them. A mom told me this story.

During the autograph session, two of the younger players on a 1A team asked Natasha Watley how she ran so fast. Natasha told them that she ran a lot, did quickness drills, and lifted weights, but that the secret really was "in the genes." An hour later when they got to their car, one of the girls turned to the other and said, "We really have to start working out in jeans."

Last edited by argodad; Mon May 12, 2008 at 01:57pm.