View Single Post
Old Mon May 05, 2008, 08:27am
rei

Oregon has a very similar "fine/suspension" deal. It includes player ejections too. It works very well at keeping coaches in line. I do two sports, and it is effective in both.

One thing you can count on after an ejection though is a call from the commissioner asking you if there was anything you could have done to prevent the ejection. Depending upon how you answer, the commissioner can choose to recommend that the ejection be uphelp or not.

A little secret (Tim C, you didn't ever read this... . I WON'T restrict coaches to the bench. If the clown is so bad that he needs to go, he goes. If later I felt that it was something I "could" have just restricted him to the bench for, I tell the commissioner that and write an email to him stating that. I find this to be a most eloquent way to get rid of the annoying coach and not have them suffer the fine/suspension for something I probably should have restricted them to the bench for.

With no ejections in 32 NCAA and 29 NFHS games this year, I don't get a lot of calls from the commissioner, except for game assignments!