View Single Post
Old Fri May 02, 2008, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Here's what happened next......

Thanks for the replies. My evaluators (yes, I got evaluated on this game) said that I handled it well, but they would have used the ten second rule to call the batter out. (What would have happened last year, when we didn't have the ten second rule????)

So, after I called the batter out for not appearing, the teams switched sides. I am in my position, back to the visitor's dugout, watching the home team get done with their short huddle, when I notice only 4 players taking their defensive positions (pitcher, catcher, 1st and 3rd). I turn to HC and ask him, "Where are the rest of the players?". He responds, "They don't want to take the field!!!" I tell him, "You have one minute coach." and I start counting. After about 30 seconds, I tell him, "Let's go, coach!" and he says, "Heck, just call it." I grinned, walked behind home plate and announced, "Ball game."

Both evaluators told me they had never seen anything like that before. I guess I get to talk about my game situation at the next meeting.

NFHS
USSSA