View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 30, 2008, 10:42am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B
Pete,

I think you're trying to find a way to go against the rules. By rule, if they want to appeal they can. What happens off the field doesn't dictate a change from that.
I am not going against the rules or using CSFP I am going BY the rule.

As REI said and I agree with him, The PA announcer using replay equipment is the same as if the Coach had used it hence it is against the rules.

The Defense ON THEIR OWN has the right to appeal not from the use of video equipment.

As I stated from my and I bet other's experiences as well, when the Defense wants to appeal it's immediate.

I am going STRICTLY by what Peter wrote. From his description of the events it's apparent that the DEFENSE had no intention of appealing. F1 IN FACT was ready to pitch to the next batter.

Also, Parents from the stands are NOT the same as a PA announcer.

Perhaps with this EVENT a new rule or interpretation will come out.

IMO I am NOT eventing a rule simply to come up with the desired outcome. You cannot use REPLAY equipment

Side Note to Peter

Peter is it possible to have one of those umpires in the game Post either themselves or through you if they Judged that absent the PA announcer the Defense had any intention of appealing. From what you describe it doesn't sound so.

Thanks

Pete Booth