View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 29, 2008, 01:38pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteBooth
As mentioned I do not know about the Basketball Forum and also what "other" basketball Forums you visit.
Pete, we get the same brand of jerks on the basketball forum. Most if not all of them of them disappear after finding out that their act isn't going to play. None of 'em however seem to be as vindictive and determined to raise havoc as the particular couple of goobers currently infesting this forum. One of the main reasons that I never reveal my identity is people like these. They're truly scary, as Garth found out.

We do go off-topic a lot more over on the basketball forum. 99% of it though is just having a l'il fun with each other, with no one really taking anyone else too seriously or getting that huffy at imagined slights. We argue....and usually then fuggedaboutit.

We used to have some great arguments on basketball over on McGriffs years ago too. Great site at that time, but Gary never bothered or didn't have the time to police it. Damn shame really. The NFHS forum isn't bad at times also , but it's almost seasonal....even though it gets policed well too.

With the disappearance of the main 2 instigators the last few weeks, I thought that this forum really started to show what it could be. It's very informative, and a good read for non-umpires like me that are still interested in the game.

Bob and Mick do a great moderating job here imo. And I say that while probably leading the free world in deleted posts over the years. If you report the trolls diligently, they'll get rid of them.....while also still allowing free speech(within reason).

All you can do is keep on keeping on.