View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 29, 2008, 05:14am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to aceholleran
Why so nasty?

I will never understand the need for some of this group to be overly pointed when they disagree with a poster.

First off, this coach overtly and intentionally interfered. This was not a base coach with a ball in his vicinity, but a guy in a fence-protected dugout. I don't recall how far the HC had to move to accomplish this act, but he had to reach a good arm's length off the side of the fence to do so. The ball would have absolutely stayed live but for the INT.

That's what made me mad.

But I DID listen to my pard, I DID control my emotions, and no EJ happened. I was trying to express that I was fortunate to listen to Pard and no let my emotions take over.

I told the story mainly to communicate a boneheaded move by a coach, and I get a lecture on how to act.

This my 31st season. I do only 20 or so games a year now. I have done LL through summer league with college, alumni and many ex-pro players. No NCAA games, okay?

I have suspended one game due to an entire LL team (plus coaches) who ran amok. This was in my second or thrid season, and I probably handled it poorly.

I have ejected one and half players in this time. The half was a thrown bat and helmet after a K, where the HC and I simultaneously dumped the player. The HC delivered the tongue-lashing. Sorta like a shared sack in football, no?

I have ej-ed exactly three coaches in this time period, so I don't think one could say I have a quick trigger.

I also must say that I respect everyone on this board and appreciate many of the posts. IMHO, however, we get enough slings and arrows from coaches, players, fans and funnel-cake makers.

Why do we jump all over each other (on occasion) with fervor?

Ace in CT