View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 13, 2002, 09:19am
Official Forum Member

"Put the BEST competitive team up against the BEST recreational team and I think the difference would be startling."

Why dont you just build yourself 9 robots that can play this game PERFECTLY, the way you evidently want it to be played at 11 years old. Did you son start walking when he was born?

I have seen this over and over, its called the perfection sickness. These same kids that you have drilled to your perfect ideal ball player mentaliity, will be burnt out by the time they are 15. Why? Because they will know everthing about the game that is possible and it will be boring. Plus you have occupied so much of their time playing ball, they will sooner or latter want to make some time to do nothing.

Not my Kid! The Little League system is by far not the best thing around, and it really does care more about their corporate sponsorships than the kids that play, however for the majority of the kids, it is a good system to develope ball players.

Mabey it does'nt allow the kids to develope as fast as your "All Stars" but it least gives the kids an opppurtunity to be kids and not being drilled like boot camp at their young ages. Now tell me your not really interested in your son getting that big college scholorship and I will sell you some land in Florida.

Remember this day. You will burn them out!!!!