View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 21, 2008, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_12
Please show me where it says that we can limit due to a concussion, let alone a "suspected" concussion.

different sport (Softball) FED rules...... Batter takes a pitch of the helmet..happens a lot..no big deal, right? well instead of going to first, she just stands there....shakes her head....and shakes it again.... I talk to her, and she doesnt respond... I tell her to look at me, and she finally looks in my direction and her eyes are unfocused.....I figured it was a concussion then, and NO WAY IN HELL was she going to continue that game. Report me, whatever. The trainer then comes up and tells me its her 3rd ONE SINCE THE start of the school year! 2 in BASKETBALL, and now this one. I told the trainer and head coach that tehre was no way she was continuing, and in my unexpert opinon, she shouldnt be playing any sports for a LONG time! (ever?)
I wrote a letter to the state association..never heard anything back..my point is...Im going to err on the side of caution...fed game, concussion= trip to the doctor, and doctors note. Period.