View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 11, 2000, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

As for new mechanics, I've been to three camps this summer, two NCAA and one NFHS all sponsored by IAABO (how's that for acronyms). IN all three, naturally, the new mechanics basically addressed free throws and three man mechanic procedures. For free throws at the high school level and below, the trail and/or center will not enter the paint at all this year. The lead will handle everything. In three man, trail responsible for all substitions on free throws.

For NCAA men, on free throws, center enters lane, tells how many free throws will be attempted and leaves without handling the ball. NCAA women, center still administers first free throw. Also NCAA men, no long switch when a foul is committed in the frontcourt by the offensive team and the ball is going to go the other way (i.e. player control, "over-the-back", illegal screen, etc.) If the defensive team had gained control (i.e. rebound, steal, etc.) and then a foul occurs, all switches occur as they would normally. Also, on endline throw-ins in the frontcourt, no more a_ _ to the glass by the lead unless the ball is to be put in play from a spot at the three point line to the sideline. I'd have to look at my sheets but that's all I can remember for now.