View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 17, 2008, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

As a defensive strategy you always want to the let the BOO batter bat. You have an out one way or another, but what if he hits into a double play? You let that ride and see if the next batter is the one that is supposed to follow the one that just batted. If not let him bat too and you will get a third out after he is done by bringing up that he is not the correct batter.

Last year I was BU in a game where a guy batted out of order and grounded out. Offensive coach came out before the next pitch and told my partner he had batted out of order so my partner calls the correct batter out. Defensive coach comes out and says he will take the out instead. My partner calls me over and after brief discussion we let the out stand and the next batter was the one who followed the guy who just grounded out. Since defensive guy did not bring it up he was willing to take the out. Maybe the better hitter had been skipped, or maybe he was hoping for another out when the batter who followed the incorrect batter was not the correct batter.

Last edited by DG; Thu Apr 17, 2008 at 06:46pm.