View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 16, 2008, 10:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Rut, you're not saying anything here I disagree with. My point about spineless refs was not directed at these officials. It was a general answer to a general question. I'll admit in context that it may not have come across that way, but I have already explained it.

Coach's POV here is actually pretty straight forward. He isn't claiming he got cheated, he's just wondering about the enforcement of this particular rule. I think, in an AAU game, if I noticed it as the 6th player was getting to his bench and there hadn't been an advantage and it hadn't happened previously in the game, I'd let it go.

My point is that I don't think anyone here has really come at this without proper perspective.
You are missing the larger point. During AAU games there are often not the same structures or expectations. For example you might not even have players and the table in the proper place which makes any substitution an adventure because you cannot follow the same procedures you have in a real game. Whether the coach thinks he got screwed or not was also not the point I was making. And considering many games are not run under the same structure that a regular season, I would not suggest that the official did the wrong thing unless I knew more about the tournament. And I bet if the coach was had to answer, he probably would tell us about exceptions, upon exceptions of many rules in this and many tournaments. And usually how substitutions are done have many challenges to follow the proper rules with multiple courts next to each other and it being difficult to even have a clear bench area as the coach wants to suggest.

Peace