Thread: How to say no
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 11, 2008, 11:55am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
Rut, I read what you said and you did not distinguish the difference between HS/College in your reply. When you stated, it is a business. Now, like I stated I understand the business aspect only on the collegiate level. I just don't buy that mentality on the high school level though.
Rich's concern was about whether it was right at the college level. Then he commented on how he felt it was trickling down to the HS level. My comments were mainly about what he thought about the system. If you really want to make distictions, college camps usually require a longer travel time and more days out of town. Many HS camps are not that far away unless you want it to be. And you have yet to show me where it is supposed to be different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerookie
The pay is difference between the two levels. Heck, look at some the pay that been posted on the forum in reference to HS and take a look at some the pay at the collegiate level DIII (3-person). Then tell me, why at the HS level the officials have to work twice as hard to draw even for attending a HS camp that charges $300 to attend. It stinks!!!
I look at camps differently than you do. The camp I am attending is an investment in me, not how much I get back during the season. We are looking at this from two totally different perspectives. If I only get $50 out of that $300 from that assignor, I likely learned more that will help me in my other games. If I feel that is not worth it, I will not go.

Peace