Thread: How to say no
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 10, 2008, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

How to say no

All right, I have a bit of an issue with a camp and I thought I'd check with some of you that have been around a while longer to get your take. I have posted on the forum for quite some time under another username, but I went a little more anonymous to ask some questions as I know others on the forum are from my area.

I work high school and JUCO women. I have attended a camp put on by my JUCO assignor for the past 5 or 6 years. I've learned a lot at the camp and I did get hired in the league for the past 2 seasons, I was even suprised by being selected to work a playoff game for the JUCO league this season. The dilemma I have is that the camp has the same evaluators and speakers every year. I have worked actual games with many of the evaluators and the others have seen me work at the camp. My standard evaluation is, "you do a nice job, keep it up." I am attending a couple of new camps this season to get better, but I just don't feel that I'm getting much out of this particular camp anymore and I was thinking about not attending this year. Someone from the camp contacted me recently asking if I was attending and indicated that they want to see me there. I am going, but how do I say no next year? I don't want to portray the image that I think I've "arrived" and don't need to work to get better, but I feel that my time and resources would be better spent with evaluators that do not know me as well. Anyone been through something similar? How did you handle it?