View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 07, 2008, 02:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4
Gerry Davis had McDavid design it specifically for softball umpires using the Hex Pad technology. It has extra protection over the shoulders and collarbone areas. The person who wears it said he has been hit between the shoulder and collarbone several times. I know he has owned a Honig and pro-nine in the past. He is really sold on it.

I am withholding my judgement until it has been used for a longer period of time. It would be nice if it lives up to its advertisement.
You can try it if you want. But I will tell you this. I used to use the old foam style All Star chest protector that had the hard shoulder protection. With some of the 4 and 5 A HS around here, not to mention the colleges that I work, it didn't take me long to realize that was not enough protection. I took one to the collarbone, and one to the chest in the heart area. The second one felt like I was literally dying. I went out and purchased the Pro Nine with the hard plates sandwiched between foam and the extensive shoulder and collarbone protection. I have never regretted that decision. There is no way that anybody, including God himself, could convince me that I would be better off wearing a quilt disguised as a shirt over a decent chest protector.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

Last edited by Skahtboi; Mon Apr 07, 2008 at 06:57pm.