Thread: Erroneous info
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1town
Ok, since I didn't know that he provided erroneous info until after the basket was made, nothing can done to fix it except dont f&%# it up to begin with. Is that correct?
You need to watch your partner signal prior to the FT. You already admitted that you goofed by not doing so. Unfortunate, but not something that you should be crucified over.

I guess that you could have realized that something was wrong when only one player went after the rebound and sounded the whistle at that time. The action could have clued you in that your partner did something incorrect. Just a thought.

I'm confused how you came up with giving the ball to Team B and taking the basket away from Team A, since it was A5 who got the rebound. You just gave Team B a free rebound without making them pay for it in any way, such as with the AP arrow.

I could understand an official saying that the ball became dead prior to the goal due to the mistake and thus no basket, but still Team A retains possession when the game resumes since that team did get the rebound. It wouldn't be truly correct, but it would be a reasonable ruling for an official who didin't know the case play with great precision.