View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 03:08pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
So essentially your ONLY reason to switch to calling NCAAW is because you think you would move into the "big-time" faster, is that correct???

Bwahahahahahahahaha...sorry, but that always makes me crack up. So here's the deal - the assignors and conference supervisors on the NCAAW side are NOT complete morons. They will watch you work at a camp, like (probably) what they see, and want to talk with you about working for them. After about 5 minutes, they will realize that you are just another one of the arrogant people who think NCAAW is "easier" than NCAAM and that you don't really want to work NCAAW, but think that doing it for a few years - at the highest level, of course - will pad your resume enough so that the NCAAM supervisors will want to snatch you right up. And then they will politely tell you to take a hike.

On the other hand, maybe some of the NCAAW supervisors will give you a shot and start giving you games. Won't take long for your partners to see where you are coming from, and then nobody will want to work with you.

Best case scenario is that you get hired, work some games, get along with everyone and do a good job...and then the NCAAM supervisors won't be interested because you work NCAAW games.

Unless you really want to work NCAAW ball, stay the hell away.
Then maybe clinicians shoudn't make statements like "that someone like me--minority, young, runs fast--would move up the ladder on the D1 women's side really quickly."

I was at a D3 conference camp last summer and a clinician asked me if I would be interested in working Women's ball to "get my foot in the door" and then maybe move over to the Men's side after a couple of seasons.