Thread: How many
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 20, 2008, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
I'll do about 120 games this year probably, between HS season, rec leagues, church leagues, AAU, camps, and other opportunites. And about the time I hit game number 100, I start to feel the need to hike my pants up at every opportunity. That's how I can tell I'm working the right number of games

Seriously, there have been years that I have worked fewer, and it's been too many. This year it feels right. I can tell when it's starting to be too much by my attitude. If I cringe when I remember that I have a game, it's too many. If I start watching the clock, wishing it would run faster, that's a warning sign. If I start to frequently lose focus during games, that's another warning sign.

Oh, and if I come home at the end of the night and my wife, my kids, and the furniture is gone...that's her way of telling me it's too many
Just added up Feb. and I did 70 games ranging from varsity boys, girls, state tourney, men's leagues, feeder, AAU, special olympics, grammar school and park district. I'll probably do around 250 for a year. Sad to see the season wind down. In years past, I'd sometimes be clock watching....not this year.

Last edited by fullor30; Thu Mar 20, 2008 at 07:15pm.