View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 13, 2008, 12:50pm
Ch1town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
I disagree. You should keep whichever assignment you accepted first; unless you already have been told by the lower level assigner that he/she understands you may turn some back.

Turning back games because you got a higher level assignment is, IMO, unprofessional, tacky, and just plain rude. Again, this assumes you don't have at least spoken permission from the lower level assigner.
That's a biggie, at least it is in CO but there are professional ways to go about it. I took several upgrades this past season (lower-level for varsity not girls for boys) as I work for 4 different assignors. Never on game day though!!
First, I'd find at least 3 replacements options for him, then tell the assignor the "truth" about wanting the higher caliber game opportunity & ask for his blessings. And each time it was approved & the assignor even gave me congrats for landing the assignment. Of course whenever he needed a "favor" I felt obligated to work for him. I guess a two way street is what it all boils down to.