View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 13, 2008, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to phatneff Send a message via Yahoo to phatneff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ref2coach
Throwing anything at a referee warrants a send off. Throwing an item at referee or opponent should be treated as "Striking or Attempting to Strike". Any referee who does not fully sanction this action is not looking out for the "good of the Game".

If we were in the Basketball forum someone would post a picture of the "well endowed" squirrel and state that anyone not willing to impose a "send off" should "grow a pair"
Oh really?? Is that so?? So, by what you are saying, it should be treated as "Striking or Attempting to Strike"?? Interesting. If that is the case, why is that a send-off offense? It's not. It's just cause for a DFK, and that's all (Law 12).

As you can see from from the sending-off offenses (http://images.ussoccer.com/Documents...PRO-AMENG.pdf), "striking or attempting to strike does not fall in that category. However, if you are stating that the throwing of the shirt would be considered Violent Conduct (VC), then I'd say that your squirrel needs to "shrink his pair".

If that were to happen to me (just my opinion), I would have cautioned him for UB and then let him stew in his own anger for the rest of the match until he committed a sending-off offense.