View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 11, 2008, 12:51pm
I hate Illinois Nazis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmpJM (nee CoachJM)
Lapopez,

As in all things, do as you think best.

However, are you familiar with the phrases "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" or "Throwing the baby out with the bath water"?

When I first started reading this board a number of years back and came across some of Tee's posts, my first reaction was, "Man, what an arrogant Pri*k!". As I read some more, that changed to, "Man, that arrogant pri*k sure seems to know a lot more about umpiring than I do, AND he's willing to share what he knows in this forum. I think I can put up with the arrogance if it'll help me become a better umpire."

Subsequently, I had the opportunity to watch Tee work a game (PU for a HS Varsity contest) and have some dinner and conversation afterwards. After watching him work, my opinion that he knows a lot more than me about umpiring was reinforced, and I found him not to be a pri*k at all in person.

I am of the opinion that a good umpire needs to have a "thick skin". Your post leads me to believe that Tee "hurt your feelings" so you've decided not to avail yourself of what you could learn from his knowledge and experience. Maybe umpiring isn't something you should do.

But, as I said, make your own decision and do as you think best.

JM
I already acknowledged just about everything you just said. "AND he's willing to share what he knows in this forum." I don't care for his condescending approach to this, therefore, I am not interested in learning anything from him in particular.