Thread: Umpire Pay
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 09, 2008, 01:16pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Originally Posted by fitump56
Old Guard and Old Dogs who run ump orgs and take for themselves. There is little fair in ump orgs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
With your obsession with calling those we don't know "old guard" and "old dogs", I can only assume that you are as guilty as the next guy....given the chance. This is the talk of somebody who is left out because nobody likes you in your association. Every association has a guy like you.
Not like The Deej, c'mon, you kidding? Talk? Oh, no, are they using fowl language?

Quote:
MSLB pays around $60 a game, plus mileage here. Many of the best umps don't want to work it because it is either crappy ball, or the attitudes stink bad. I myself limit the amount of these guys I will do. I don't mind the NABA 18 and older wood bat league, and the NABA 40 and over wood bat league is better now that they use wood bats. But the 28 and older leagues of MSBL and NABA are metal bats, and usually full of all the wrong attitudes. I would rather do games for the new Latino League that started. At least there, I don't understand that they are *****ing about nothing.
The Lats, the DRs, the PRs and the like get foisted to left-over fields where they pay cash and get no organization. A lot of it is excellent ball b/c they got 24 players and if you boot one, you're butt's likely to sit.

If you are having trouble with your adults then you need to get an ump Head with a pair on him. Our guy provided exceptional quality umps, $100 - $125 a game, up for tourney semis and finals and we don't do the over 35s b/c they suck and they won't pull in the reins on their arsebutt players. So they get the dreg umps and deserbe them for a whole $55 per game. Its Sunday ball some guys like it and to a one, they are Old Guard Dawgs.